Wednesday, October 31, 2012

4 out of 20 - Joyfully 30

My husband texted me from Atlanta at 12 midnight to wish me 'Happy Birthday'. His prayers for me are much appreciated. Apart from a few text messages - one from my dear friend in Alberta, few from co-workers, voice-mails from parents and brother and sis in-law, it was a quite day. Not to mention, Halloween was quite as well.

I went to my pediatric clinical today. I had a conversation about Christianity with the doctor which ended somewhere but I hope I was able to spark something. I came home around 6PM to a surprise package waiting for me in the mail from a stranger. Call it weird, creepy, or genuine but it was pretty interesting.

Ajo called me late evening, we talked for about 5 minutes or so. My in-laws had a surprise cake waiting for me after dinner. My dinner had my favorite rice and kerala potatoe wedges. Truly I appreciate their efforts.

The media coverage about the aftermath of the storm continues as people around the NY/NJ/CT area try to restore life to normalcy. New Yorkers are getting power back slowly, streets and tunnels under water are slowly getting pumped out and clean up is underway.

Joyfully 30

In the midst of all the havoc, I am joyfully 30. Over the past few months, especially over the past few weeks I have struggled about the 'turning 30' milestone. I am not sure what it is about the number 30 but sure it is associated with lots of expectations and associated gravity. The reason for my struggle is numerous but long story short, the Lord has given me comfort and peace and hence I have changed my entire attitude to 'joyfully 30'. I may have another 30 or more years to live or I may have less than 30 years but the truth is that I am 30. I am not here by chance, and 30 years of my life has been a gift granted to me. I am exceptionally blessed to taste and see that the Lord is good. A sinner as I am headed to destruction was redeemed by the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. I can never repay for your mercy everyday and your grace still amazes me.




No comments:

Post a Comment