Thursday, November 1, 2012

5 out of 20 - Gridlocks

Today is November 1st, 2012. This year is just breezing by. We have exactly 2 more months left in the glorious 2012. I feel like I am most often not grateful for a lot of things I have in my life. I am so attuned to my comforts I enjoy. I pray for a slice more of gratitude to overwhelm my heart.

I went to work this morning but ended up only working till 1230PM since we weren't quite busy. Call it perks or disadvantage of working part-time. Did I forget to mention that it took me a hour to get to work?. A 15 minute drive today ended up to be an hour due to chaotic traffic on the roads. With limited modes of public transportation, cars were out on the streets like ants. There was a even a 3 person per car restriction to drive into the city. It was hard to find gas as the loss of power had affected many gas stations and the demand of gas had exponentially gone up with generators and the number of vehicles on the road. Not a great day to travel.

I have an exam coming up next week which I need to study for. Since Sunday night, I haven't looked at my books. Blame it on the Hurricane. I really need to get back to business, get focused, and start reading. Class was cancelled today due to the Sandy aftermath. It was good to have a break!

I hope Ajo is doing well in Atlanta. I sometimes don't realize that he is not here. I guess in our normal work week, there are instances (perhaps too many) that I would only see him for 10 minutes or even if I see him, we would just talk for 10 minutes. Life is such in NY sometimes. I would call it the gridlock of life in NY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment