Thursday, October 8, 2009

Confessions about my Prayer

Jesus Christ during His ministry on earth taught his disciples a simple prayer called "The Lord's Prayer". Like a well- balanced diet, the Lord's prayer is well-balanced, and often we recite the prayer in a perfunctory manner and I am guilty of this many times. That is my first confession.

We use the phrases "Give Me, Help Me, Bless Me, Guide Me" too often in our personal prayers. Perhaps, the problem is not about using these phrases but we tend to only use these phrases. That is my second confession. Hence, I have made a decision to add these phrases, "Take Me, Mold Me, Use Me, Fill Me" to my prayers. The key difference between the phrases is that the latter conveys availability. Should I be waiting to hear the words "Follow Me" like the disciples heard at the sea shore or should I be like Isaiah and say, "Here I am, Send me" ?.

No comments:

Post a Comment