Sunday, August 15, 2010

Three digits to two digits - Day 18

We are in Meridian, Mississippi and headed towards Atlanta, GA today. We hope to get their by evening.

Holiday Inn at Little Rock, AR was a great hotel. We went to Waffle House for breakfast. We had the most amazing breakfast we have ever had. We had to do Laundry in the hotel premises and that was quite the havoc and time consuming. We checked out around noon.

We drove by the state capitol building to take some pictures. It was humid and 102 degrees. The downtown was empty and it felt like a ghost town. I guess that's what heat does to you. Keep you indoors. We headed on 540 South to Pine bluff, AR where we shopped at a Walmart for drinks. We took US 425 South into Monroe, LA and then I-20 East towards Meridian, MS.

Most of our day was driving and passing by different states we haven't had the opportunity to see yet.

My title is a little vague and let me explain what it means. We entered Texas on Monday and we haven't seen a 2 digit temperature read until yesterday in Louisiana. 3 digit temperatures with humidity is absolutely insane. Feels good to get out of the heat wave even if that means it's for day or two.

We stayed at a La Quinta Inn last night. We had Church's Chicken for dinner and I think we were in the East LA part of Meridian, MS. We waited 20 minutes for our chicken but it was worth the wait I tell you. I woke up at 3AM to lightning and loud thunder. I have heard thunder and slept through thunderstorms but this was frightening. The could not slept through the one last night. But eventually I did. I closed my eyes, prayed to God, and woke up this morning to a calm and peaceful day.

Highlights from Day 18
  • Drove through AR into LA
  • Mississippi

No comments:

Post a Comment