Saturday, August 21, 2010

To God be all glory! - Day 24

I am writing my last blog in this series of "Road trip USA" from our very own  home sweet home.  Praise God and to Him be all glory for His many mercies, immense love, and unending promises during this trip.

Yesterday, we left our hotel room in Cumberland, MD around 11AM. We had Chick Fil A for brunch. We headed on I-68 to I-70 to I-81 towards Pennsylvania. We were expecting some traffic but to our surprise it was actually moving very well. We took I-78 to NJ and then I-95 towards George Washington Bridge.

Around 7PM, we got into some traffic prior to GWB about 15 miles away from home. We were in traffic for about 21/2 hours. What a great welcome to NY!  We were getting restless, claustrophobic, and anxious in traffic. Who would love driving in the East. We miss the West coast and Reno a lot.

Our parents and siblings were anxiously waiting for our arrival in Yonkers. We got home last night around 10PM. It was great to be with family again and we had a great welcome home. Thanks to our little brother for all the decorations. Home cooked Indian food for dinner tasted good.

24 days, 6,500 miles, and 22 states - We finally arrived home.

I opened my eyes this morning in our bed and I felt like I woke up from a really long dream. The dream was mesmerizing West coast and Reno, our second home. We have experienced God's immense grace during this trip and we know that He has great plans for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment