Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary & Happy Onam

This year our anniversary and onam fell on the same date.
First about Onam:
Reflecting back to my childhood days, I remember picking flowers and doing my own onapookkalam in front of our house in Kerala. The first thing which comes into my mind when I think about onam now is the "thiruvathira kali" (a form of dance performance in a circle). For about 2 years during my elementary school, I learned this form of dance and performed in multiple stages. Those days are long gone but the memories still remain.

Obviously, today is more of a special day for us since we are celebrating our 3rd year together as a married couple. Three years has breezed by. It just feels like yesterday when the remnants of hurricane Ernesto swept through New York on Sept 2, 2006. A day filled with joy, excitement and much more. I am thankful to God for a wonderful husband. We hold on to one promise for we know that "He who promised is faithful".

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Today was a calm and peaceful anniversary. We had lunch at Claim Jumper, a chain restaurant mostly in the west coast. We walked to the Truckee river in downtown Reno and we spent some time in the tranquil riverside. We wrapped up our day with a warm coffee and returned home.


No comments:

Post a Comment