Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11 out of 20 Here comes Athena

Last night I couldn't speak to Ajo. I was waiting for him to call. Before I knew it, it was already 11PM. I was so tired that I called Ajo to tell him that I was going to sleep. I decided to go to my clinical today. It was a busy day. Again, I hope that I get better at what I do. There are things I am less confident in, there are things I am not skilled with, and there are things that I don't feel knowledgeable about.

New York welcomed its first snow storm for the season "Athena" just a week after the superstorm Sandy devastated parts of the NY, NJ & CT. Athena is to bring snow and windy wintry conditions into early Thursday. The wind can knock down power, uproot trees, and cause more damage which New Yorkers are definitely not excited about. I didn't know how bad it had snowed until I stepped out of the office building around 530PM. It was windy, the snow was slushy and it was cold. I managed to get to my car and realized that I didn't have anything to clean the car with. Perhaps, I didn't look hard enough. I scrubbed and brushed the windows with a scarf which I found in the car. I was totally unprepared for the snow storm with my open shoes, and fall jacket. The drive was not too bad, I had to take it slow in some areas.

Another presidential election is over. Obama will remain in office till 2016. He has been voted in for a second term. A close race with Mitt Romney kept American's on their toes until the official declaration late last night. Four years went by really quick. The next 4 years will breeze by as well. With that being said, the policies and the decisions that our country made over the past 4 years will affect generations to come. As Christians, the disagreements regarding right to life and definition of marriage should never be compromised as we live in this country. The other less important issues can always be a personal preference. At the end of the day, after hearing a lot on TV and following a couple of Christian bloggers, I asked myself the question -Did I cast the right vote?  If the answer is Yes, then I need to believe that God is Sovereign and there is an urgent call for prayer. If the answer is No, then I need to still believe that God is Sovereign and there is an urgent call for prayer.

After a long day, I can't wait to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment