Sunday, November 4, 2012

8 out of 20 - Message of Prayer!

Need is subjective. I say that because there are obviously need in one person's life may not be a need for another person. There are obviously various degrees and levels of need. Today I woke up at my parents house with congested nasal passages. I always feel blessed to have the option of mouth breathing. I have to say since I have suffered from allergies for years, mouth breathing is tiring to some degree. After breakfast, I returned home to a cool house, I had lowered the heat before I left last night. In the meantime, my congestion worsens, I have to resort completely to mouth breathing to get oxygen.I tried all of my remedies - Netipot, Vicks personal steamer, & Flonase to no avail. I had plans to study, I had plans to attend our 5PM service, I had plans to visit my parents to have dinner - needless to sometimes God has other plans.

I repeated my Vicks inhaler for 20 minutes and decided to listen to a message. I got an opportunity to listen to Carter Conlon's message from last Sunday on their website -It’s Time to Pray
Faith & Prayer and battling fear is some of the contents he talked about. His messages based on Mark 11 was spirit -filled.

22Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that you Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”

I took a nap and woke up feeling a little better. I am able to breathe through from nose at least partially. I decided I need to stay home today because lately cold air has been causing some allergies and congestion flare-ups hence I am missing the Sunday service. Really would have liked to go.

Ajo called me and we talked for about 17 minutes (our record for the past 8 days). He is doing good. I bet he is tired and I hope will have a great week ahead of him. He had a good time visiting friends, family, church, and just hanging out with his cousins. In one way, I am happy he ended up going to Atlanta instead of California.

My in-laws just arrived back from Philadelphia. They are tired after a long drive.

So long! I look forward for tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment