Saturday, November 17, 2012

20 out of 20 Finally

It is around 9PM and Ajo just boarded his flight from Atlanta. I have been blogging every day for the past 20 days since Ajo left. I do not know why I started blogging but I am thinking that I wanted a memory of our separation penned.

Three weeks seemed like eternity when Ajo left to Atlanta. But now it is almost over. I am praying for his safe landing in NY. I hope he will be able to find peace and comfort in the scriptures. I am particularly happy that he is coming back before his 31st birthday.

It was an interesting 3 weeks. We had very minimum conversations. Our lives were very separate. Ajo in particular got a lot of time to himself which he enjoyed. There was one weekend we did not talk at all. Two nights - Hurricane night & the Noreaster night - I was a little shaken and fearful to sleep alone in our room. Even with the advance of technology and with both of us having iphones, not once we did 'Facetime'. There was no need for it. We were sufficient, we were busy in our worlds, and we were content in what life gave us. Perhaps, some of what I am writing needs a second look or perhaps I need a second look at myself.  We are both incredibly blessed to have the Lord  who continually have mercy on us.

Today, I went to my pediatrics clinical again. We had Indian food for lunch provided by a local pharmacy. I am thankful for the opportunities got gives me in my life.

As I am blogging I am following Ajo's flight on flight status updates.

---------------------------------------------------------
Updates: Ajo arrived last night around 1045am. I was  so happy that he got to sit next to kids who entertained him which took his mind off the flight. It is good to have you home!

No comments:

Post a Comment