Monday, November 5, 2012

9 out of 20 Slow Road to Recovery

Last night was such a horrible night for me. After doing so many home remedies the whole day, I was struggling with my nasal congestion. I was frustrated! I tossed and turned and walked around trying to get some relief. Tried heat, cold, ice, air, and other options to get my nose to take a breath. I couldn't. Nothing worked! I was getting more exhausted from mouth breathing. I prayed that God would given me some relief. After about 3 hours of agony, I texted Ajo so I can talk to him. I called him as well. I didn't realize that it was almost 1PM. I did eventually fell asleep but Ajo texted me back around 3PM and I told him I needed his prayer. This morning, atleast one of my nasal passages seems clear.Thanks be to God! Work today was a typical busy Monday. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I was sleep deprived from last night which added to my exhaustion. I have been struggling with this lingering illness for the past 16 days. After 10 days of antibiotics, my illness seems to be getting worse or perhaps the road to recovery is just simply slow.

Sandy and it's aftermath frustration continues. Gas lines are still incredibly long, power & heat are still not restored for many, and people are getting uneasy and feeling powerless. Another storm is on the way to the Northeast as per Meteorologist. In the midst of all these, God is still sovereign.

I had a birthday party at work today. Every one cooked incredibly delicious food for me. I felt so loved and undeserving for such a celebration. I am honored to work with some awesome people who treat and love others with their heart. I pray for them all that Christ would overwhelm their hearts!

I had the opportunity to deal with one particularly difficult patient at work. Difficult would be an understatement. He was quite the personality. Every word that came out of his mouth was rude and absolutely inappropriate. He was unhappy, upset, frustrated, and angry. A mix of emotions that did not complement each other. Later I was able to find of he lost the roof of his house in the storm and perhaps lost everything in the process. The conversation was quick but I am guessing that he had anger and frustration stemming from loss and uncertainty. He has to contact FEMA and try to get back to his house to pick up the pieces. I know there are things I could have done better in my interactions but I just needed so much of God's grace.

I am waiting for Ajo's call. It is almost 9PM now.

Tomorrow is election day.I still remember the presidential election 4 years ago while we were staying in Reno. Nevada.

"May God bless America, not because this nation deserves to be blessed, but because He is a God of grace and mercy.  Oh God . . . save us from ourselves." Albert Mohler

No comments:

Post a Comment